Friday, August 5, 2011

Heart Day 98 ~ Cinched

We went to see the Alexander McQueen show, Savage Beauty, at the MET today. It was a whirlwind from start to finish. I thought if we got there when the museum opened there wouldn't be a line. HA. The show is closing on Sunday, so not only was there a line inside the museum for the exhibit itself, there was a line outside the museum just to get inside. Apparently the MET has never seen such a huge turn out for any show in its history so they were totally unprepared. At one point a rumor was spreading around the line, once we were inside, that they closed the front door of the museum and weren't letting anyone else in. We made it in by about 20 people! Anyway, after the many hours it took to finally get to see the exhibit it was worth every second spent in line. After I could hardly hold back the tears. I am just heart broken over the loss of McQueen. He was a genius by any standard.

I have a wonderful idea for a beautiful heart I want to make in honor of McQueen, but I ran out of time today, so whipped up a quick heart out of the bag my exhibition book came in, a page torn out of a magazine, and a couple pieces of scotch tape. Viola. I hope I will be able to make the tribute heart later this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. beautiful - I love how you use bold print to create your hearts - gorgeous contrast of the bronze and blue x

    ReplyDelete